Thursday, July 14, 2011

Media has the vital role to let the people know about what world we are living in. But it has also disadvantages that could lead to judgment of ourselves. Advertisements particularly about beauty is one of the most advertised in television. Media created bullies, do you agree? Women most especially, they look for something good to beautify their selves because they are not contented of the self they’re in, so that people would change their perceptions somehow. Teenagers became cynical because of the bullies in their school. Pressure comes and more women would feel that they are not good enough which results to low self-esteem. And oh, not just women but men are also pressurized because they wanted to be what the women wanted them to be. As to my own “likes” about guys, what I see in television or magazines most likely affected me. If you ask me what kind of guy I like, I’ll say “he would probably be like the guy I’ve seen on television (well usually guys in televisions are hot)”. You see now the effects of the media.

I maybe also one who feel insecure about myself but it’s no use at all. Being me is just the perfect thing. I know many people dislike me, but I don’t care. I have a particular friend of mine, who is actually one of my best friends now, she might not be as beautiful as people think but she always stand with positivity and consider herself beautiful. I really like her because of her attitude and that she’s just being herself. I really do hope that all of us can be like her. There’s no need to photoshop, drink pills and have surgery. Though media had a great effect regarding self-esteem, just always bear in mind that there’s no one more beautiful than you are. Be proud or yourself dear.



No comments:

Post a Comment