Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Susan Boyle

I remembered her when our teacher showed to us her video in class. An unexpected woman who auditioned in Britain's Got Talent for her dream. " I'm trying to be a professional singer", she said, after that statement I remembered, a lot of people in the audience raised their eyebrows and laughed and treated her like a joke. Reaction of the people was not good at all because it was clearly seen in the video and I was like "people are so mean". But I realized, if I was one of the audience, honestly, I may have laughed too.

If I was Susan Boyle, I would have died on that stage because I couldn't stand seeing people laughing right at  my face. I would be really disappointed about myself, and tell myself that I was stupid and I shouldn't have tried this.

When she started to sing, the crowd came into silence and stunned by her magical voice. If I was there, I would realize that what i did was totally wrong and I feel ashamed of myself. At the first place, I could see that she's really positive about everything, her self- esteem was very high, she even joked about herself! She didn't care what other's think of her at the first place, instead she stood with head held high and took the time of her life.

This 7 minute and 30 seconds video of her taught me two lessons. First, do not judge the book by its cover and second, don't let the "vultures" in my life put me down, instead I should fight over it, I should not allow anyone to make a barrier against the things I want to do. I should never stop dreaming. "I will and I shall go with all my heart and be dedicated like Susan Boyle and of course with God's help".

No comments:

Post a Comment